Who are we?
We are Fortnum Financial Advisers – a joint venture in which Principal Practices have a stake. We believe our first responsibility is to act in the best interests of our clients.
Our core values
- Integrity – we would rather lose money than trust
- Quality – we focus on quality people doing outstanding work
- Innovation – there is always a better way – we do our best to find it
- Commitment – we are committed to the following behavior:
- We will be courteous
- We will be punctual
- We will finish what we start
- We will do what we say
- We will find a way to get things done rather than an excuse
Our core values in action
- Our Principal Practices and clients are our reason for being – without either we fail;
- We are good corporate citizens – we recognise our responsibility to give back to our community;
- Our principal product is advice – if we recommend a product it is because it is in our clients’ best interests;
- Our research is protected from external influences to ensure that only the best client solutions are offered. It is core to our offering that we only use independently minded and highly competent research people;
- We listen to our Principal Practices, clients and staff to learn and improve what we do.
How we do things
We have a supervising entity that is majority owned by our Principal Practices to ensure:-
- They are free to recommend the solution they consider best suits the needs of their clients;
- Our research and advice is not driven by the influence of associated entities;
- Our supervising entity cannot be controlled by a financial institution either at shareholder or board level;
- Our agreements with our Principal Practices provide them with a competitive edge in all areas including technology, research, access to market leading solutions and Professional Indemnity Insurance;
- Our objective is to be open and transparent in all aspects of what we do.
- We commit to this Charter;
- Our Principal Practices can enforce this Charter through our supervising entity.